Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CARS CARS AND MORE CARS

Some of you may know all about our recent car trouble, but for those of you who don't, our oldie but goody 1990 Pontiac was literally ran over by a lifted truck while it was parked. No one was inside thank goodness so we were not hurt. When the kids and I came out of the park and I didn't see the car where I had parked it, I thought, "who would want to steal that old thing!?!" As I kept walking, I finally saw the car and the picture below shows where it ended up. I took the picture at the spot where I had parked it and this is where the car ended up rolling.

Anyway, the lady that hit me was in a big lifted truck and I was the unlucky car parked behind her. She didn't even see the car and just backed right over the top of it. The bottom two pictures are of the top of the car and the side. I know, I know we didn't have much paint to begin with so the big scrape mark is kind of hard to see. All the damage she did is on the left side of the hood and the light and then on the side of the car as well.

To be honest I don't know much about cars so I thought that I would be able to drive the car home at least. Well I was very wrong because as soon as I got in and started it up something didn't sound quite right. The worst part was when I put it in drive and tried the gas and the car didn't go any where. As soon as I took my foot off the gas I started to put it in park and every gear sounded AWFUL! Each gear made a grinding sound like one I have never heard before. The cars transmission was broken and since the car is only worth about $500 and a new transmission is worth a lot more the car was pronounced TOTALED!
Long story short the great part to this story is her insurance company checked the car out and instead of just giving us $500 for the car they gave us just over $1,000 since you can't really put a price on a good car that we didn't owe a thing on and were planing to drive and drive and drive until we just couldn't any more. So that leads me to my great news. Keith looked and looked all over for a new car for quite some time. If any of you know Keith you can just picture him spending a lot of time working on each and every last detail. I'm not saying that is a bad thing because now we are the proud owners of a really great 2008 Hyundai Sonata. So here are some pictures of the new car.

3 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

Sorry about the old car, but the new one looks great! Have fun driving!

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Looks great Sandra! Does this mean that they lowered the price?

Liz said...

Not a bad looking new car! It's tough to find one you like that fits the family's needs.

Could you please send me your e-mail address? I had to make my blog private and didn't have time to get everyone's contact info.

If you want an invite, my address is eferris@hotmail.com.